Re: ACL Question: a group of peernames ?

> > Hi everyone,
> >
> > I'm searching for a way to Limit Access to a list of Hosts.
> >
> > Is it possible to have a group of hostnames and/or ips in
> > the LDAP Tree and limit Access to hosts in that group ?
> >
> > An other way will to generate iptables rules out of
> > the LDAP Directory with a little script.
> > But this is not the perfect way.
>
> That seems like a pretty good way:
>
> 1) The access control is done in the kernel, so slapd isn't
> 	bothered by attacks;
>
> 2) Your script can be server-independent (e.g. could work with
> 	some other LDAP server implementation);
>
> 3) Your script can run in the firewall,	rather than on your LDAP
> 	server host;
>
> 4) Your access control can be more dynamic, responding to changes
> 	in your LDAP directory content -- AFAIK ACLs can't be
> 	changed at runtime.
>
> Bob G

1) Yes it will be faster in kernel than in slapd

2) right, but i have only openldap servers

3) i dont have control over the firewall

4) when using ipchains a restart of the skript
   is needed after every change.

But i think access control in slapd will be
the better way for me because:
- I can give finer permissions
  I have 3 Directorys in my rootdn
  not all host need access to all