Re: Slapd Crashes on Asertion Failed

> Hello folks,
>
> I am running slapd 2.0.18 <<stable>> and when I attempt to run a PHP modify
> query against the ldap, it crashes the server with an assertion failure on
> schema check.
>
> slapd: schema_check.c:45: entry_schema_check: Assertion `a->a_vals[0] !=
> ((void *)0)' failed.
>
> I am making a php-4.0.6 call against the server "ldap_modify".

Your problem has already been issued as ITS#1364.  It is being considered.
Note that the assertion is perfectly legal, because it should never fail
if a legal modify is issued.  There might be a problem upstream, in
accepting a malformed modify request.  This is the real bug; however
the server should not die.

Pierangelo.