Re: Problem with attributes

Ken Hughes <kenh@ast-inc.com> writes:

> I just recently upgraded from OpenLDAP 1.2 to 2.0.12 and am having
> troubles with attributes. In 1.2 I used the "mail=blah@blah.com" to
> specify the email address, but that attribute doesn't seemt to work in
> 2.x. I've searched all over the openldap.org site and read the man pages,

Are you including _any_ schema files?  The definition for mail is
core.schema and I doubt openldap works at all without it.

Most likely, your entries do not belong to an objectclass that allows
that attribute type.  I suggest you browse servers/slapd/schema/ to
pick whatever schema files may be of interest to you.

Julio