Re: Configure Problems on Solaris Platform

On Thu, Nov 29, 2001 at 04:12:12PM -0800, David Highley wrote:
> I knew I could do it this way, but I guess I have been spoiled by most
> open software projects taking care of these configuration issues. Thank
> you for your help.

One of the problems is that linux and bsd install the sleepycat stuff in
/usr/local/lib... but if you do a compile from source, it will default to
installing in /usr/local/BerkeleyDB-XXXX

So you should override it with   configure --prefix=/usr/local
It will make compiling openldap (and lots of other things) a lot easier.

PS:

http://www.bolthole.com/solaris/LDAP.html