Re: still seeing slow downs on group searching

Terry Davis <tdavis@birddog.com> writes:

> Hello!  Here is what I am doing.
>
> I am using apache, mod_auth_pam, pam_ldap to do apache auth against my
> ldap.  I am using require-group directives.  I am seeing a huge slow
> down when using this feature.

Check your logs, many programs that have to do this search all groups
to build the membership list, you will see many cases of filter
(objectclass=posixgroup) if it is the case and indexes will be
useless.

Possible solutions: changing the relevant modules not to call
setgrent, getgrent and endgrent or moving to a module that does things
in an LDAP-friendly way.

JUlio