LDAP authentication from Windows (newbie questions)

Hello,

I've been looking at replacing our Windows NT Domain Controllers with NIS on
Linux and installing NISGina on our Windows clients so that they can
authenticate against NIS, when a friend suggested I take a look at OpenLDAP
as an alternative to NIS.  After going through the documentations, FAQs, and
searches on Google, I have not come across any way that a Windows NT or 2000
machine can authenticate against an LDAP server - I'm sure I'm missing it
somehow. Is this possible in a manner similar to NISGina?

Info on NISGina can be found at:
http://www.linuxworld.com/linuxworld/lw-1999-11/lw-11-integration_p.html
http://www.dcs.qmul.ac.uk/~williams/

Thanks in advance,