RE: performance problems with nss pam ldap

That seems like an inordinate amount of pain to go through, when you could
just load auth_ldap directly into apache. At any rate, this is an extremely
long toolchain, of which only one piece relates to this list. Any number of
components could be screwing up and causing your slowdown.

Quite frankly, your email reminds me of the phrase about  ... giving someone
enough rope to hang themself...

  -- Howard Chu