RE: slapadd, No such object (?)

I have found that the following works reliably:

1. stop ldap server

Then,

# slapindex -f /path/to/slapd.conf
# slapcat -f /path/to/slapd.conf > foo.ldif

To load back,
# rm /var/ldap/*.dbb (or where your dbm files are)
# slapadd -f /path/to/slapd.conf -c < foo.ldif
# slapindex -f /path/to/slapd.conf

start ldap server

Notice the slapindex and the -c in slapadd.

Kevin