RE: slapadd, No such object (?)

Good day,

Thanks for your reply.

I've noticed (and fixed) that, but that was just an attempt to troubleshoot
the problem.  It doesn't explain the initial problem with importing the data
exported by slapcat.  I should have included this in the original message;
sorry.  I'll do this now.

Is slapadd supposed to be compatible with the files slapcat outputs?  The
output that slapcat gives me has the higher level objects later in the ldif-
is this OK?  Do I have to massage the data outputted by slapcat before
slapadd can use it?  Regardless, if I import this data, I can't query it (it
imports without errors, though).

BTW the plain password is just for testing; the "real" programs using it
will be PHP and will use a CRYPT'ed password.  This just makes testing
easier.

Here's the whole ldif.

dn: uid=dgamble,ou=Users,o=Shawtest,dc=shaw,dc=ca
objectClass: inetOrgPerson
objectClass: person
objectClass: top
uid: dgamble
cn: Darren Gamble
sn: Gamble
ou: All Users
ou: Administrators
creatorsName: cn=Manager,o=Shawtest,dc=shaw,dc=ca
createTimestamp: 20011116213120Z
userPassword:: dGVzdHBhc3M=
modifiersName: cn=Manager,o=Shawtest,dc=shaw,dc=ca
modifyTimestamp: 20011116213355Z

dn: ou=All Users,ou=Users,o=Shawtest,dc=shaw,dc=ca
objectClass: organizationalUnit
ou: All Users
creatorsName: cn=Manager,o=Shawtest,dc=shaw,dc=ca
createTimestamp: 20011116205421Z
modifiersName: cn=Manager,o=Shawtest,dc=shaw,dc=ca
modifyTimestamp: 20011116205421Z

dn: cn=Manager,o=Shawtest,dc=shaw,dc=ca
objectClass: organizationalRole
cn: Manager
creatorsName: cn=Manager,o=Shawtest,dc=shaw,dc=ca
createTimestamp: 20011116205421Z
modifiersName: cn=Manager,o=Shawtest,dc=shaw,dc=ca
modifyTimestamp: 20011116205421Z

dn: ou=Administrators,ou=Users,o=Shawtest,dc=shaw,dc=ca
objectClass: organizationalUnit
ou: All Users
creatorsName: cn=Manager,o=Shawtest,dc=shaw,dc=ca
createTimestamp: 20011116205422Z
modifiersName: cn=Manager,o=Shawtest,dc=shaw,dc=ca
modifyTimestamp: 20011116205422Z

dn: ou=Users,o=Shawtest,dc=shaw,dc=ca
objectClass: organizationalUnit
ou: Users
creatorsName: cn=Manager,o=Shawtest,dc=shaw,dc=ca
createTimestamp: 20011116205421Z
modifiersName: cn=Manager,o=Shawtest,dc=shaw,dc=ca
modifyTimestamp: 20011116205421Z

dn: o=Shawtest,dc=shaw,dc=ca
objectClass: organization
o: Shawtest
creatorsName: cn=Manager,o=Shawtest,dc=shaw,dc=ca
createTimestamp: 20011116205421Z
modifiersName: cn=Manager,o=Shawtest,dc=shaw,dc=ca
modifyTimestamp: 20011116205421Z

Darren Gamble
Planner, Regional Services
Shaw Cablesystems GP