Re: LDAP-BACKEND

"Evaristo-Jose Camarero (ECE)" wrote:

> I'm trying to configure OpenLDAP 2.0.18 in Linux 7.1 like an LDAP Proxy with the LDAP Backend, but it crashes. The slapd process of OPenLDAP stops.
>
> It seems that the OpenLDAP proxies the queries but when it receives the answer of another LDAP server it crashes.

Your problem may be similar to that experienced in ITS 1367

http://www.openldap.org/its/index.cgi/Software%20Bugs?id=1367

the fix is already in HEAD code since before the problem was
noticed; however there have been no releases since then.

If this is your case, you may use code out of the HEAD of the
CVS, or fix the bug yourself. Follow instructions in the
follow-ups of that ITS.

Pierangelo.

--
Dr. Pierangelo Masarati               | voice: +39 02 2399 8309
Politecnico di Milano                 | mailto:masarati@aero.polimi.it