Re: Replication password

On Sunday, 11. November 2001 02:18, sze4041 wrote:
> Hi, all
>
> I am wondering what is the rationle for having the
> replication password in clear (stored in the configuration
> file) ?

The slurpd needs to perform a bind to the slave's slapd, so it will need the
password (or something similar). IMHO it doesn't make sense to store it in
some obscured way. If you stored it in an encrypted way, you would need the
passphrase for the encryption at every startup of slurpd.

Yours
Stephan Siano

--
Stephan Siano                           Mail:  Stephan.Siano@suse.de
SuSE Linux Solutions AG                 Phone: 06196 50951 31