Default authentication method

Hello *,

I am trying to use the postfix  MTA with open-ldap-client-2 package from SuSE
7.3 professional.
But I rushed into a problem:
When I use ldapsearch, I have to pass additional parameters: "-x -P 2" to get
results. But postfix cannot do this or yet I have not found out how it could.
When I use ldapsearch without this parameters I always get:

ldap_sasl_interactive_bind_s: Unknown authentication method

Because of this, I think postfix also has a bind problem.
So my question is:
Can I set a system wide default, that ldap client libs and all applications
always use simple authentication and protocol version 2?
Thanks in advance.

Greetings from Germany,
Sven Eisenhauer
--
Sven Eisenhauer, Danet Internet Solutions GmbH
Business Unit eBusiness and System Services