From: Jan-Michael Ong [mailto:jmong@adobe.com]
Sent: Monday, November 05, 2001 10:08 AM
To: Aleks Sheynkman
Cc: openldap-software@OpenLDAP.org
Subject: RE: performance problem with sldap

You may be running into the sockbuf_max_incoming  limit, adjust this in
your slapd.conf. (thanks Kurt Zeilenga)

here's a sample

  Define global ACLs to disable default read access.

# Do not enable referrals until AFTER you have a working directory
# service AND an understanding of referrals.
#referral       ldap://root.openldap.org

pidfile         /usr/local/var/slapd.pid
argsfile        /usr/local/var/slapd.args
loglevel        256
sizelimit       5
timelimit       3600
schemacheck     on
sockbuf_max_incoming    1234567  <--- adjust this to a higher number or
define it if you do not have it defined.

I don't know what causes it though. Also I upgraded from Openldap-2.0.11 to
Openldap-2.0.18 and db-3.2.9 to db 3-3.11 that seemed to solve other
problems

good luck

jm

At 09:40 AM 11/5/2001 -0800, you wrote:
>Does anyone have any ideas what might cause this problem? Please help..!!
>

>Thanks a lot in advance !
>
>-Aleks

When