RE: memory leak on solaris 7?

We weren't trying to isolate or track a memory leak, or even memory usage.
We just noticed that vmstat showed decreasing amounts of free memory. We
almost never recovered any memory over a period of hours. When we restarted
slapd, the memory was freed and started leaking 8 bytes per minute again.

We're not using testing software to test the OpenLDAP servers in isolation.
Rather, we're using OpenSTA to do load tests on a web application. The web
app does lots of lookups to validate logins. These lookups do _not_ seem to
be related to any leaks. E.g. when we stop the load test, the leak still
happens.
However, whenever the web app is alive (ie regardless of whether it's
handling any requests), it does regular harder "keepalives" in order to work
around a bug in maintaining persistent pooled socket connections that we
haven't isolated yet. This keepalive is the dummy search operation that I
described below.
When I have time, I'll change the operation and see if the "keepalive" is
causing a leak. I can also run a profiler, etc.