Re: new to OpenLDAP - getting error 32 !!!!

"Ram Munjuluri" <rambabu@telocity.com> writes:

> I am only able to get the "namingContexts" listing to work and the out put
> gives me
> "o=pictorsolutions.com,c=US" but I am never able to access "cn=Ram" no
> matter what combinations on filters I try. I keep getting error - 32 for all
> queries.

Most likely, you are not providing an appropriate search base in your
searches.  Something like:

ldapsearch -x -b "o=pictorsolutions.com,c=US" cn=Ram

Error 32 in a search usually means that the starting object for the
search could not be located.

Hope this helps,

Julio