Re: ldapmodify interactive?

Edward Khoo wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> Does ldapmodify.exe (compiled for Win2K using cygwin) have interactivity
> with commercial (netscape) directory servers?
>
> Eg.
> prompt> ldapmodify -D "o=company.com" -h 123.123.123.123 -w passwd
>  >changetype: add
>  >telephonenumber: 987654321
>  >-
>
> I tried using it without success (as above), am I doing it wrong or it
> is not a feature?

You must input a complete and correct LDIF entry. See the man page
at http://www.openldap.org/software/man.cgi (check both ldapmodify(3)
and slapd.replog(5)).

Significantly, you are not entering the DN you want to modify, and the
type of change you want to apply to the attibute. Your ldif should
read (assuming you bound as the entry you want to modify):

dn: o=company.com
changetype: modify
add: telephoneNumber
telephoneNumber: 987654321
-

Pierangelo.

--
Dr. Pierangelo Masarati               | voice: +39 02 2399 8309
Politecnico di Milano                 | mailto:masarati@aero.polimi.it