Integration with Outlook

Hi all,
A while back, I got fairly involved with OpenLDAP in hopes
that I could integrate it with Outlook to perform the shared
address book functionality of Exchange Server. I never got
it to work. Here's what I'm looking for:

A contact list that looks and feels like any other contact
list to the users of Outlook
Address completion (when typing email addresses)
The ability to work on and offline - ideally to take changes
made while offline and resolve them intelligently with the
LDAP server.
The ability to edit contacts from Outlook

I'd give some of those up if others would work. So, can
anyone point me in the right direction, or better yet tell
me in no uncertain terms to what degree this kind of tight
integration with Outlook/LDAP is possible? Any pointers,
tips, or success stories would be greatly appreciated.
Please, help me keep our Linux server! ;)

Gregg