Re: Problems with SASL, TLS, etc.

> From:  "Howard Chu" <hyc@highlandsun.com>
> Date:  Wed, 31 Oct 2001 13:52:11 -0800
>
> The Cyrus SASL setup took me a while the first time as well. What in
> particular are you trying to get working? Have you gotten the sample_client
> and sample_server working yet?

Well, a few months ago I tried to get this working and gave up.  I haven't
done anything right now, so my memory is a bit fuzzy about exactly what went
wrong then.  I was hoping someone had written something up that I could read
before I try this again.

Since this is all behind a firewall anyway, the security isn't really the
point (although more security certainly would be a good thing).  All I'm really
trying to accomplish is to get ldapsearch to work w/o having to provide the -x
flag every time.

Chris

--
Chris Garrigues                 http://www.DeepEddy.Com/~cwg/
virCIO                          http://www.virCIO.Com

  My email address is an experiment in SPAM elimination.  For an
  explanation of what we're doing, see http://www.DeepEddy.Com/tms.html

    The Greatest tragedy in mankind's entire history may be the
      hijacking of morality by religion.  However valuable -- even
      necessary -- that may have been in enforcing good behavior on
      primitive peoples, their association is now counterproductive.
      Yet at the very moment when they should be decoupled,
      sanctimonious nitwits are calling for a return to morals based
      on superstition.
				--- Arthur C. Clarke