RE: copying ldap to other servers

Justin,

Okay I'm ready to setup replication

I created a master and a slave

On the master and the slave, I created a "cn=MyCopier,o=MyDomain" user

mycopier.ldif
dn: cn=MyCopier,o=MyDomain
objectClass: top
objectClass: person
cn: MyCopier
userpassword: 123456

on the master I defined the following
replica host=myslave.mydomain.com:389
                binddn="cn=MyCopier,o=MyDomain"
                bindmethod=simple credentials="123456"
replogfile      /replication/replication.log

on the slave I defined the following after the rootdn and rootpw
[..snip..]
suffix          "o=MyDomain"
rootdn          "cn=root,o=MyDomain"
rootpw  "rootpw"

updatedn        "cn=MyCopier,o=MyDomain"
updateref       "ldap://mymaster.mydomain.com";

and then I defined an access rule:

access to *
  by dn="cn=MyCopier,o=MyDomain"

But whenever I try to update the slave (from the master) I get Insufficient Access... also when I try to update the other way around (I update the slave), I get a referral but the changes never make it to the master.

Any thoughts please?

thanks

jm

If/when let me know. I'll be glad to help.