Problems with SSHA and SMD5

Hi!,

I'm using OpenLdap 2.0.11. I have installed it in a computer with no compiler, so I previously had to install it in another computer with the same operating system (Solaris 7) and afterwards copy all the archives to the first computer. Everything works fine, but I have problems with SSHA and SMD5 algorithms to encrypt my passwords. If I try to generate, for example, a SSHA key I obtain the following result:

# /usr/local/sbin/slappasswd -h {SSHA} -s password
Password generation failed.

I tried this with SHA and everything worked fine:

# /usr/local/sbin/slappasswd -h {SHA} -s password
{SHA}W6ph5Mm5Pz8GgiULbPgzG37mj9g=

The same problem happens with ldappasswd.

In both computers OpenLdap is installed in the same place (/usr/local) and the libraries installed seem to be the same.

This could be related to some kind of problem with salt generation, since both algorithms use it.

Can anyone tell me why it doesn´t work? Do I need some kind of prerequisite?

Thanks!

Eva