Re: filter in ACL?

Bing Du wrote:

> Does openldap support the similar approach as NDS does below?
>
> aci: (target="ldap:///dc=tamu,dc=edu";)
>   (targetfilter="(homephonesuppress=true)")
>   (targetattr = "homephone")
>   (version 3.0; acl "do not show users' homephone";
>    allow(none)
>    userdn = "ldap:///anyone";;)
>
> So the server can react differently depending on how users set the
> homephonesuppress attribute in their entries.  Specifically, if the
> homephonesuppress is set to 'true', than the value in the attribute
> homephone is visible to nobody.  Otherwise, it's visible to the public.

I think you'll get about what you need by using:

access to filter="(homephonesuppress=true)",attrs=homephone
	by * read
access to attrs=homephone
	by * none

Pierangelo.

--
Dr. Pierangelo Masarati               | voice: +39 02 2399 8309
Politecnico di Milano                 | mailto:masarati@aero.polimi.it