Re: Will the Win2K AD support LDAP authentication?

On Mon, 15 Oct 2001, Daniel Curry wrote:
> I have several Linux and Sun Unix boxes that I would like to
> authenticate against a single repository of users.  Will the Win2K
> Active Directory support this?  If so, how do I set it up on the client
> and the server?

Nope; AD uses Kerberos for authentication.  I have no trouble getting
tickets from our AD KDCs using a Linux box with Kerberos installed.
(That's as far as I've gone, to date.)  It has nothing to do with LDAP or
OpenLDAP, although OpenLDAP should be helpful if you want to know more
about a user (or other AD object) than "password valid".

The Kerberos documentation is not the worst, but if you get stuck, try
the comp.protocols.kerberos newsgroup.

Make a good day.