Re: userPassword not crypted

That question is recurring again and again.

While ldappasswd encrypts the password, a lot of
other clients don't.
iplanet's server has always been doing this
and obviously several people have been relying
on it to do so.

Offering that feature might motivate more admins
to migrate to OpenLDAP.
Anyone mind programming automatic server-side
encryption into slapd ? Could be made configurable
for those who don't want it.

regards,
Markus