Re: Help on "Resource temporarily unavailable" (Urgent -Thanks)

Wilson KH Sheh wrote:

> Dear All,
>
>      I have 2 Openldap 2.0.7 running on Red Hat 7.0. They are in
> master-slave relationship. They are in two good condition since production
> on April - i.e. correct in data replication and referral from slave to
> master.
>
>      But recently, I find that the time stamps of the database files on the
> slave sever is at Sep 7. It seems that the slave Openldap could not update
> the database files, but only can be queried. Then I try to see the log
> using loglevel -1, the messages below appear. On the other hand, in the
> master server, the /var/lib/ldap/replica/slurpd.replog is full of
> modification entries. It seems that the master can send the replication
> entries to the slave, but the slave cannot update to the slave database. In
> the slave log file, I can only find "resource temporarily unavailable"
> messages.
>
>      Do you know what's happens to my slave Openldap server? I have checked
> the permission of the slave database. They are identical to the master. So,
> probably it's not related to file permission. Moreover, as my master
> slurpd.replog is full of entries, does it means that the slave could not
> update it's database. Is it normally the slurpd.replog should be empty
> after replication?
>
>      Thanks for your attention and help!

You need to upgrade to the latest release; from the changelog
http://www.openldap.org/software/release/changes.html:

--
Dr. Pierangelo Masarati               | voice: +39 02 2399 8309
Politecnico di Milano                 | mailto:masarati@aero.polimi.it