Re: search on a DN typed attribute

On Thu, 11 Oct 2001 09:54:20 +0200
Pierangelo Masarati <masarati@aero.polimi.it> wrote:

> I also note that the attribute type definition lacks the
>
> 	EQUALITY distinguishedNameMatch
>
> matching rule, which is required for the filter to work.
> So your schema file should read
>
> attributetype ( 1.3.6.1.4.1.10650.2.10.0.0.27.2.1.3
> 	NAME 'eeadminattach'
> 	EQUALITY distinguishedNameMatch
> 	SYNTAX 1.3.6.1.4.1.1466.115.121.1.12
> 	SINGLE-VALUE )

Thanks you, it works with the new schema!

I guess it is because this attribute has no parent, that it
doesn't herit EQUALITY from anything, and that I have to write
which kind of EQUALITY I want to use. My others attributes
herits from NAME, so I have not to specify the EQUALITY.
Am I right?

Can these question and answer be in the faq?

Michaël P.