Re: Searches are painfully slow

Hi!

Todd Lyons wrote:

> Timo Boettcher wanted us to know:
>
> >When I do my ldap-searches by php I get a result for each query about
> >1-2 seconds after the actual Query. The ldap-bind happens nearly
> >instantly. With a problem with reverse-lookups that should take about
> >30 seconds (=DNS-timeout).
>
> On your server, shutdown the slapd process using whatever mechanism your
> distro uses, then:
> /usr/local/libexec/slapd -d -1

root@mp3:~# /usr/local/libexec/slapd -d -1 > /home/timo/slapd.out \
            2> /home/timo/slapd.err

> Watch everything that it reads.

Got one error during startup:
daemon: socket() failed errno=97 (Address family not supported by
protocol)

> Then on a client machine (or another term running your client program),
> do something that causes an ldap lookup.
I did about 40 Queries.
op-number of the unbind-commad is 40.

> I expect you'll find your problem there.

root@mp3:~# grep 'Resource temporarily unavailable' \
            /home/timo/slapd.err | wc -l
    80

That means 2 'Resource temporarily unavailable' errors per query.

> Adjust the debug level that you start slapd with to zero in on which
> debug messages you want.

Sorry, I'm not that good at debugging, It would be nice if somebody
could guide me a bit.
Thanks, Todd.