Re: Searches are painfully slow

Timo Boettcher wanted us to know:

>When I do my ldap-searches by php I get a result for each query about
>1-2 seconds after the actual Query. The ldap-bind happens nearly
>instantly. With a problem with reverse-lookups that should take about
>30 seconds (=DNS-timeout).

On your server, shutdown the slapd process using whatever mechanism your
distro uses, then:
/usr/local/libexec/slapd -d -1

Watch everything that it reads.

Then on a client machine (or another term running your client program),
do something that causes an ldap lookup.  I expect you'll find your
problem there.

Adjust the debug level that you start slapd with to zero in on which
debug messages you want.
--
Blue skies...		Todd
| Get a bigger hammer!   |  Are you feeling lucky...punk?         |