Re: Samba-TNG permissions look-up speed issues

At 12:14 PM 2001-10-08, Blake Barnett wrote:
>/etc/ldap/slapd.conf: line 82: equality index of attribute
>"uniqueMember" disallowed

Yes, no indexing support has been implemented for uniqueMember's
syntax in OpenLDAP 2.0.

>I noticed a thread about this (can't remember the URL) where someone had
>the same issue and basically just hacked up the core.schema until he was
>able to index it.  I would like to do this correctly, since it will be
>in a production environment.

There is no way to correctly modify core.schema so that indexing
of uniqueMember is supported.  Code must be written (feel free
to contribute).

>The other problem I've noticed are the various "badfilter" messages,
>especially the ones associated with sambaGroup. Like this:
>Oct  8 12:01:50 db0 slapd[27705]: conn=166 op=1 SRCH base="<omitted>"
>scope=1 filter="(&(badfilter)(objectClass=sambaGroup))"

"badfilter" indicates the filter component would evaluate to
Undefined, commonly because the asserted attribute is undefined,
the attribute does support the requested matching, the matching
rule is not implemented, or the asserted value is invalid.