Re: Searches are painfully slow

Hi!
I hab (and still have) the same problem.
Updating to openldap 2.0.15 with BerkeleyDB 3.3.11 (not sure about the
version number, it was the newest one) and adding some cache via
slapd.conf gave an additionally 10%(!!) more performance each.
Upgrading from P2-233 with 96MB-Ram to P3-866 with 256MB increased
performance by some 300%. Still, it takes about 5 seconds to query
20 entries from a 300 entries/400kb(ldif) database (I'm talking of
one single user having the ldap-server for himself). Since openldap is
"optimized" for reading, it should be MUCH faster than that.
Perhaps there is a problem in both of our slapd.conf or our
general setup. Would be nice to know more of your system (OS, Backend,
kernel, ... ). I'm running slapd on Debian with a 2.4.7 Kernel.

Is there anybody else who has an idea?

Timo Boettcher