Re: slapd crypting userPassword attribute

At 01:37 AM 2001-10-03, Vishwanath wrote:
>Hello all,
>I have installed Openldap-2.0.15 with Berkley db-3.3.11, it works fine.
>I am able to add entires, do ldapsearch and modify attributes.
>The problem is when i add entry for qmailuser, the Password gets crypted
>by itself.

Not sure what you mean 'by itself'.  slapd will hash the password
only when the password modify extended operation is used, see
ldappasswd(1).

Note that ldapsearch(1) will present the clear text password
using LDIFv1's base64 format. This doesn't change the value,
its purely presentational.

Kurt