problem with posixAccount , userPassword

Hey,
    When using the following .ldif file and importing into my openldap DB.  The userPassword attribute is ignored.  I have tried leaving it out of the file, having it in as it is, and having it in with either a cleartext or SHA encrypted password.  In all cases I have to manually add the attribute to my DN.  This of course is a pain :).  I have two systems setup to which I think are identical.  One is running on FreeBSD 4.4 and one on Slackware 8.  The one on FreeBSD works fine but the slackware one doesn't.  I highly doubt the OS has anything to do with it.  I am running OpenLDAP 2.0.11 on both.  I'm using LDAPBrowser to interact with the LDAP DB.  Thanx for any help.  If you requre more info just let me know ..

dn: uid=testuser2,ou=clients,dc=test,dc=net
objectClass: posixAccount
objectClass: account
objectClass: top
cn: Test User2