Re: benchmark results found for OpenLDAP

On Sun, 30 Sep 2001 11:44:04 -0700
"steve smith" <tnguyen55@socal.rr.com> wrote:

> http://www.nwfusion.com/reviews/2000/0515rev2.html#skinny
>
> any comments on this ????

known, old and not trustworthy. That's how I call this document. It never says how it compiled openldap, or how the configs for each LDAP product are, and which HW config is used. And if I'm not mistaken, not even the nuber of objects is mentioned, which is signicant for testing: the more objects, the lower performance is.
On a sidenote: I also did some testing, with reasonable optimizations for both openldap and Iplanet, and the more objects and clients you have, the better openldap performs, for 1.000.000 entries and 100 clients, I found it to outperform Iplanet quite a bit.

Franky