Metamerge & OpenLDAP

"steve smith" <tnguyen55@socal.rr.com> wrote:
> Does anyone have tried to use Metamerge with OpenLDAP ??

Yes, we have here. It works perfectly for migration/massaging of data from
several different database systems into LDAP. We have yet to set it up such
that it works as a cronned job etc. Right now we are just doing data import
and unique identifiers creation. The only issue we have with metamerge is that
it's darn slow!

We have over 17,000 records to import from various systems. With internal and
external duplicate checks and data integrity checks, it has taken over a day
(so far) to import only 6,000 users. The process is still running, so I can
tell you if it worked for sure within the next few days.

Best Regards,
E.M. Recio

<< http://polywog.navpoint.com >>

Inherent in every intention and desire is the mechanics for
its fulfillment... intention and desire in the field of pure
potentiality have infinite organizing power. And when we
introduce an intention in the fertile ground of pure
potentiality, we put this infinite organizing power to work
for us.

Get free e-mail and a permanent address at http://www.amexmail.com/?A=1