ldif

Hello all.  I've finally got OpenLDAP 2.0.15 up and running.  I even got it
to accept my schema by rewriting the schema on Linux.  It appears the
original problem was the end of line characters that Windows uses aren't
compatible.  Anyway, I've now moved on to getting data into the directory
which isn't working.  I'm taking it slowly so I'm entering one entry at a
time and I can't get pass the first entry.
<snip>
dn: dc=com
objectclass: top
objectclass: dcObject
dc: com
</snip>

I get the following error when I used ldapadd to add the above entry to the
directory:
<error>
adding new entry "dc=com"
ldap_add: No such object

ldif_record() = 32
</error>

I know the error has nothing to do with the end of line character because
I've created the LDIF file using gnu emacs on linux.  Does anyone know why
this is happening?  Thanx.

Dane Foster
Equity Technology Group, Inc
http://www.equitytg.com.