Re: Schema Check v3 [1.2.14]

>>I have recently upgraded OpenLDAP from version 1.2.11 v2 to 1.2.14 v3.
>>We were dealing in older version with schemacheck     off
>>in the slapd.conf. Now the problem is that whenever we add an additional
>>attribute through an LDAP browser, we see a message [Debug] from
>>slapd deamon that "Attribute not defined." It seems to me that schemacheck
>>is on but in slapd.conf, it is off. Anyone can tell me what is happening
>>there?
>Switch schemackeck on and see what passes.

Schemacheck behaviour seems diffrent in 2.0 vs. 1.2.  Turning schemacheck off
only seems to cancel objectclass may/must checks.  All attributes that exist in
the directory must still be defined in the schema.  Or at least that is what my
fiddling seems to indicate.

Systems and Network Administrator
Morrison Industries
1825 Monroe Ave NW.