ldap_bind error

I got OpenLDAP 2.0.11 (from Debian) up and running and built the initial
database using slapadd but when I run ldapadd, I always get an "Invalid
credentials" error. Here is the output:

/etc/ldap# ldapadd -f test.ldif -D "cn=admin,ou=People,dc=trinity200,dc=org" -h localhost -v -x -w secret ldap_init( localhost, 0 ) ldap_bind: Invalid credentials

I have these entries in the slapd.conf file:

rootdn  "cn=admin,ou=People,dc=trinity200,dc=org"
rootpw  secret
suffix          "dc=trinity200,dc=org"

Am I missing something? This worked with OpenLDAP 1.2 just a few days ago before I upgraded.

Thanks