Re: NFS and LDAP auth

On Mon, Sep 10, 2001 at 11:26:33AM -0500, Edward Konetzko wrote:
% Im wondering if it is possible to have users use LDAP auth for NFS.  So
% that when a user logs in it mounts the right NFS for that user but only as
% long as they are authenitcated.  We dont want anyone just to be able to
% jump on the network and mount NFS of other users.  Does this make sence?
% Has anyone tried or is doing this?

I haven't used it personally, but you can have the Linux (and probably
others, too) automounter mount filesystems based on what's in an LDAP
directory. Googling for 'autofs ldap' returns some useful information.

john
--
John Morrissey          _o            /\         ----  __o
jwm@horde.net        _-< \_          /  \       ----  <  \,