Re: Errors in RFC 2307 and nis.schema?

It was a mistake. A case of not finding errors in your own writing and,
back then, no one was particularly interested in using LDAP for UNIX
account information, so it wasn't particularly thoroughly reviewed
by third parties.

This will be fixed in 2307bis.

And yes, the intention is that description is always a MAY.

cheers,

-- Luke

--
Luke Howard | lukehoward.com