RE: extend schema problem (Openldap 2.0.11)

> Then, I have got the following message after using slapadd to add a new
> entry:
> /etc/openldap/schema/test.schema: line 24: Unexpected token before MAY (

I missed your messages the first time around -- sorry about that -- but
better late than never.

Anyway, I had exactly this problem when working on Mac OS X although it did
not happen on Linux. I was using the same version OpenLDAP 2.0.11 on both
platforms.

The way I got around it was to put my whole schema declaration on one line.
My editor's word-wrap feature wrapped it for me, but I took out all the line
breaks that *I* had inserted.

My guess is that it has something to do with the line break characters --
CRLF on Windows, LF on Unix, CR on Mac, etc.

Chuck

Chuck Coker -- chuckc@tyrell.com
Tyrell Software Corporation
23151 Verdugo Drive, Suite 204
Laguna Hills, California 92653-1343 United States
+1 949 458 1911 ext. 3