Re: slapd daemon automatically disappear on RedHat-6.2?

Hi:

Thanks for your reply. In my application, I use the OpenLDAP to store
all my company's PC information, ex. IP, description, owner, hadware, OS,
and so on.
Every morning, the employee opens their computer, and the installed software
connects to
LDAP to search the information or modify the current IP(because the DHCP is
used), Currently,
there may more than thousands employees connect to OpenLDAP simultaneously.
OpneLDAP-2.0.11 is recompiled on RH-6.2 followed by the default steps on
Administration Guide.
I have found some strange scenarios:

1. The number of threads for slapd is 3, however, the number of threads
increases to about 30 when
    there are massive requests coming simultaneousely. These about 30
threads are lifed forever. Does
    anyone know that when will these threads will be killed?
2. When I do some modification operation to a entry, the slapd is
disappeared. I can not find the exact condition
     to make the slapd disappear.

In my experience, the OpenLDAP is worked well for my other applicatuions. I
don't know why this strange
ssituation occurs.

ps: What is the REL_ENG_2 code  and CVS?

Thanks again!

SCW