Re: slapd daemon automatically disappear on RedHat-6.2?

On Fri, Aug 31, 2001 at 08:42:22AM +0800, Shih-Chang Wang wrote:

> I have installed OpneLDAP-2.0.11 on RedHat-6.2 Linux platform.
> Everything seems to be ok. However, When the clients make some
> modifications into LDAP server, the slapd daemon will be killed
> automatically. I tried it serveral times and got the same result.
> Client's API is implemented by Netscape C SDK. Does anybody give
> me some suggestions to solve this problem? or, Does anybody know
> , in what's condition, the slapd daemon will be terminated without
> using "kill" command?

In your case? Not without more details. You might try upgrading to the
REL_ENG_2 code from CVS. Or find out more about the queries, check the
Issue Tracking System at http://www.openldap.org/, and send more details
to this list if you don't find an answer.

-Peter

--
Unix turns one billion: < 9 days, 0 hours, 48 min., 49 sec. remaining!
http://www.electromagnetic.net/press-releases/unixonebln.php