Re: FW: Can I delete a subtree?

On Thu, Aug 30, 2001 at 09:59:56AM +0200, Spinoglio Luigi wrote:
> Hi all,
>
>   I have a doubt about controls and extended operation in OpenLDAP.
> Does exist a control to force the removal of an entry AND its subtree ?

Dunno. What's a control?

However, "man ldapdelete" tells us

       -r     Do a recursive delete.  If the DN specified isn't a
              leaf, its children,  and  all  their  children  are
              deleted down the tree.  No verification is done, so
              if you add this  switch,  ldapdelete  will  happily
              delete large portions of your tree.  Use with care.

> I'm using JNDI to access and operate my LDAP server, so I'm forwarding a
> brief mail exchange about the question.

Dunno what JNDI is either.

> Thanks a lot for the help

Hope it is some use