RE: SSL Question: Is Everyone Ignorant or Just Non-responsive

In rev 1.26 of libldap/tls.c I had added a function
ldap_pvt_tls_get_handle() which would return the (SSL *) from a given (LDAP
*) but apparently this function is now
gone. The only other option for getting hold of the (SSL *) with the current
APIs
is something like this (error checks omitted):

	LDAP *ld;
	SSL_CTX ctx;
	int result;

	result=ldap_initialize(&ld, "ldaps://foo.com:9876");
	result=ldap_get_option(ld, LDAP_OPT_X_TLS_CTX, &ctx);
	SSL_CTX_set_info_callback(ctx, myinfo_cb);

your info callback function will be called like so:

static void myinfo_cb(SSL *ssl, int where, int ret)

You can stuff the SSL handle somewhere, or just process it with the usual
SSL_get_peer_certificate(ssl) call.

  -- Howard Chu