Re: ADD Succeeds, but I can't find the entry?

> Hmmm,
>
> With slapcat, the entry does indeed come out, and it looks fine to me:
>
> dn: uid=JBloe,oc=OTHER,c=CA,ou=Users,o=CGDI
> st: BC
> title: Technical
> mail: jdoyon@nrcan.gc.ca
> userPassword:: MTIzNA==
> cgdijunkmail: NO
> cgdiregistersecret: 26FD17AA25E3FCBE
> objectClass: top
> objectClass: person
> objectClass: organizationalPerson
> objectClass: inetorgperson
> objectClass: cgdiuser
> cgdilanguage: en
> cn: Joe Bloe
> sn: Bloe
> givenName: Joe
> businessCategory: Government - Municipal/Regional/County/City
> cgdiauthno: 0
> cgdiregfrom: Atlas
> cgdiemail: Atlas-NO
> creatorsName: cn=URDS,ou=Clients,o=CGDI
> createTimestamp: 20010802140747Z
> modifiersName: cn=URDS,ou=Clients,o=CGDI
> modifyTimestamp: 20010802140747Z

there's no "uid" here ... so:

> > 3) attributes (you can't find it because it doesn't have
> > the attributes you use in the filter)
3) is the right choice :) You don't have to rely on descriptive naming.
Some rfc (225?) says the attrs  used in dn should be present in the entry.
Well, in this case it is a MUST, as you're going to use them in a filter ...

Pierangelo.