jpegPhoto link to a filesystem file

I know that I can include a photo in ldif with the following attribute:

jpegPhoto:<file:///photos/userphoto.jpg

but in that case the photo data  is itsef in the directory.

I thought that I could only store a link to a jpeg file somewhere in the
filesystem tree (/photos for example) so that I could only change the
files in the filesystem to change a photo .

Is is possible ? and how ?

--
Jehan Procaccia
Institut National des Telecommunications| Email: