Re: Openldap and Solaris 8

> Dear Folks
>
> I am trying configure a Solaris 8 Server to authenticate in Openldap
> Server installed in the same server, the openldap work well, but, the
> Solaris can't authenticate in the openldap.
> I configured the files /var/ldap/ldap_client_cred
> /var/ldap/ldap_client_file and the file nsswitch.conf and the program
> ldaplist work well .
>
> Somebody can help me.
>
> Thanks.

oh I have the same problem. It is the hell on earth. Can't get it to work.
Some people say that ldapclient won't work with openldap-2.0.11. Some say it
works...A lot of documentations all around but as you know it never works on
your own system...
You can find a good documentaion on http://www.ypass.net
They did it with openldap-2.0.8 + patch. I tried it out but I really can't
get it work neither with 2.0.11 nor with 2.0.8
These guys did it but in my case it is not working despite of their great
howto.

good luck

Jan