Re: BSDi and Linux

On Mon, 30 Jul 2001 10:09:40 -0400 (EDT)  Adam Grochowski wrote:
> Is anyone using ldap to have bsdi auth against ldap backed radius server?
> I am trying to manage my users using ldap, and I have BSDi boxen, and
> linux boxen, living happily together.
> Other than use radius, I can't think of another good way
> to auth ldap users for BSDi.
> Additioanally, I understand that there may be some issues
> with crypt and MD5 differences between linux and bsdi.  Is there
> any way to get around this?

Adam;

	I have not done this; nor do I know of anyone who has.
However, I did do some background investigation.  It looked like you
could use the PADL LDAP NSS (http://www.padl.com/nss_ldap.html)
and IRS (on BSD/OS "man 5 irs.conf").  The PADL stuff claims that it
supports BSD/OS.

	 As far as I can tell, it should work right out of the box.
Experience tells me that nothing works right out of the box...  IF you
try it and run into problems, please let me know and I will help put
pressure on BSDI to resolve the problems.

regards,
fletcher