Re: SV: SV: LDAP help..

> Ok, can you help me out with this?
> I'm using the core.schema with a version of
> http://www.linuxdoc.org/HOWTO/LDAP-Implementation-HOWTO/files.html#FILE-
> SCHEMA that I think I figured out how to convert to the 2.x syntax.
That way lies the path to madness!!

Use ALL the schemas that are in the /etc/openldap/schemas dir. Do _not_ try
to convert the older schemas.

If you miss something still, use the links I gave you, and download all the
schemas from there.

Tarjei

> I really want to get going with LDAP. As soon as I get a working
> service through OpenLDAP I'll desiccate it and figure out how it works.
>
> My goal is to have an environment where almost everything is controlled
> by LDAP. (I.e. login/outlook address book/ftpd/httpd/etc.)
Yes. Have been working on that for a while myself. Start getting pamldap
working and take it from there. Use samba-tng for ldap/win functionality.

> Do you know any good editor/browser? My experience tells me that O's
> and OU's should be containers. LDAPBrowser seems to disagree with me.
Check the faq-o-matic. It has separate sections for webbased and gui based
browsers.

Tarjei

Tarjei Huse
920 63 413