Re: Embed RADIUS's authentication into SLAPD's authentication

Wang,

You might want to look at Interlink's RADIUS product.  It works
very well using either an LDAP server or the existing /etc/passwd
file as a data store.  Check out:

	http://www/interlinknetworks.com/

I've been using this tool for years with good results.

Have a GREAT day!
Pete Stoddard

shih-chang wang wrote:

> Hi, all:
>
> I prepare to build a LDAP server for customers. Before this, we have
> already
> thousands of member in the RADIUS system. However, there is some
> difficult
> to migrate user's Password into OpenLDAP( for on-line system
> availability comsideration).
> One possible way is to modify the SLAPD souce code, that is, embed
> RADIUS's authentication
> function into SLAPD. Could you give me some suggestions?   Which
> SLAPD's programs may I
> modify? Difficulty degree?
> Thank you very much!
>
> SCW

> Shih-Chang Wang
> Associate Researcher
> Internet & Multimedia Application Tech. Lab.
> ChungHwa Telecom Laboratories
> E-MAIL: purewang@cht.com.tw
> TEL: 03-4245340
> FAX: 03-4201244

Peter E. Stoddard, Consultant		Pete.Stoddard@compaq.com
ISP Solutions Business Unit		Tel. (603) 884-5128
Compaq Computer Corporation		Fax. (603) 884-0627
110 Spit Brook Road, ZKO2-2/N87
Nashua, New Hampshire 03062-2698
USA