Master ldapV2 with 2 slaves over a VPN WAN

Hi Everyone,

I have a master LDAP and two slave LDAPs running over a VPN.  Replication
works great.  Lookups on each work great.  My problem seems to be when
someone on one of the replicated LDAPs try to make a change to an LDAP
record, its not working. I have a referral line in my slapd.conf pointing to
my master ldap, but the client doesn't seem to follow it.

I'm using version 1.2.12 (required for the Samba version I'm running).  I'm
also running PAM on these same systems. A passwd change on the master works
great but it hangs on the slaves.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks!
Norm